The Storm Before the Storm

It's your friendly neighborhood editor again! As we approach finals week in.. well, literally, a week, instructors and professors are clamoring to put in that last test or quiz while those who have done their work prepare for the inevitable and those who haven't... prepare for inevitable. I hope you find yourself in the former category, because for yours truly, mine is a mixed bag. I will easily earn an A in only one class while I can safely say I'll get a B in two more, though the other two will likely be a solid C.

Work hard while you're in college, everyone, because if you don't, then what's the point in it? I know I'm biased in that I am a stick in the mud so you should take my advice with a grain of salt, but I live life under the impression that we should do all the hard stuff now- earn a degree, learn, prepare for the future financially, and establish our careers - not jobs - while we're young so we can enjoy a satisfying and happy life in the future. I think too many people think in their heads "Eww, 30 years old? That's old!" I guarantee you, those same people will struggle in their 30s, 40s, and possibly 50s to establish a stable life. Don't be one of them.

Let me fill you in on some Chrysalis news though: We're still awaiting final printouts for the publication but it has been quite some time since we sent it out. We're currently biting our nails in anticipation but alas, we have no say in how long the printing process is, so we cannot give you a firm date, but we've all done our part so far and promise you all once it releases you will be able to brag to all your friends and family of your publications!

For now, I urge you all to focus on schoolwork and finish your courses with at least a C or better, and don't be afraid to ask your instructors or professors for help! It's late, though you will find them much more willing to work with you all than you would think.

Popular posts from this blog