A Time For Introduction

Seeing that we at Chrysalis are starting on a new leg of our journey, it's time we all introduce ourselves! We already know about what Chrysalis is, but exactly who are we? Not to worry, here are our short and sweet introductions. 
_________________________________________

Jonathan Pollmann
Literary/Prose Editor
EPCC Student
Hobbies: Gaming, Writing, Traveling, Sleeping for just fifteen more minutes 
Email: otakujournalist@gmail.com

My life can honestly be summarized mainly by my hobbies. I've always been into gaming since six years old and had a fascination with traveling the world with hopefully someone special one day. I'd say I learned about my love for writing around middle school when I'd jump at the chance for any kind of writing assignments, including essays, which everyone dreaded (Yes, I was that guy haha). From there it snowballed to writing on my own, joining literary websites, and now this! I hope to become a freelance writer myself for video games because games + writing = what more could you possibly want?!

_________________________________________
Cristina Nunez
Poetry/Art Editor
EPCC/UTEP Student

_________________________________________
Ricardo Olague
Submissions Coordinator
EPCC Student
Hobbies: Video Games, My Imagination, Board & Card Games, Social Activities.
Email: agent.spade0@gmail.com


I guess the best way to describe myself is that I am a child at heart and I doubt that's going to change. When I daydream It mostly revolves around me saving the city from monsters and supervillains or having magic...I really like magic. I am currently learning how to draw and how to put a story together. One day I would like to have a book published  and have it turned into video games, movies and a TV series (with me overseeing the projects of course). I would like to end it by saying "that is me in a nut shell" but I think I've only scratched the surface. If you really want to know me, come and talk to me. I like making new friends.
_________________________________________
Kelli Wood
Faculty Advisor
Hobbies:  Quilting, reading, tending the chickens, spoiling the dogs, and staring at the stars. 
Email: kwood@epcc.edu

I've been teaching English for over a decade now, and I can't figure out where time has gone, but I know that it is sprinkled with moments of sheer joy and pleasure gleaned from student essays and works that continually impresses me.  Reading student works to the extent I do leaves little time for my own works--something I often lament, but being able to help someone find just the right mode of expression and polish it with clarity and grace is an amazing reward.  When I am able to sneak those moments for myself, my writing take on a very focused inspection of the inner life.  What do we do with those inner spaces, and how does that translate into both our awkward and graceful moments in this life?  
__________________________________________________

Popular posts from this blog