The Journey Almost (strike that last word) Done

Your senior editor here, filling in with some much-wanted news on the Chrysalis. Firstly, I would like to thank Kelli, our wonderful faculty advisor in charge for all her help (and patience), Ricky, the best layout editor one could ask for, and both of our associate editors, Cassandra (whom introduced herself below) and Julio. All our hard work was not for naught (does that even make sense?).

I would like to say that for all our loyal, hungry Chrysalis audience, the time is nigh upon us when the publication will come to fruition. I must admit, I underestimated how much work UTEP required of me (this was my first semester enrolling in both EPCC and UTEP concurrently) and as a result, work was even more hectic than last year. For those who remember - or are willing to scroll down to the previous blog posts - last year as my first year with the Chrysalis was an adventure to say the least.

But we all survived.

This year, we did run into a good many issues from lack of time to very annoying software issues (which, in all honesty, cost us the most time) and had to redo many things which shouldn't have been necessary. Many attempts to even fix these software woes did not even work as well, which really frustrated me, and ended up in the inevitable late-night, all-weekend stays to truly create this book. 

As anyone who's ever created a piece of art can attest to, every estimate of time it would take to do any single part was actually 2-4 times in reality. Even in Kelli's words to me, "Whatever time you think it'll take to do this or that, just double it or multiply it by three or four." Funnily enough, this was the same advice she gave me last year, but my rock-hard mind stayed as obstinate as ever.

Oh, how I learned quickly.

This is certainly one of those experiences in life that felt like a complete roller-coaster of horror from beginning to end, but when looked back on years in the future, will bring back many wonderful memories and even a few laughs. I am thankful for all our contributors for supporting us and waiting patiently (for the most part) for this year's publication of the Chrysalis. I would like to formally inform you all that yes, we are still alive, and yes, you will see it very soon.


Is there such a thing as Blog Bombing?  If so, that's just what I'm doing!  Kelli here, just tagging on a couple of things.  None of us could have done this without Jonathan!  Suffice to say he rocks!

As to all he's said above, yeah, Murphy's law prevailed this semester and whatever could go wrong did, but we're fearless and didn't let any of that stop up.  So, no more waiting, your digital version of the 2015 Chrysalis!  (It's a pretty big pdf file, so be patient with the download, but most of all, enjoy!) 

Popular posts from this blog