Musings of a Future English Teacher

It seems another sleepless night awaits me today, though different from my previous bouts of insomnia. Our submissions this semester, while somewhat scarce compared to previous years, still numbered enough to leave yours truly (Senior Editor) feeling like an English teacher. Trust me, reading a bunch of stories and poetry, good or not, can get tiresome, and add in editing them all to ensure they're grammatically correct in time for publication and it can get pretty tough.

Thankfully, I am not alone as our faculty member in charge has a little over 100 essays she must read and evaluate for all her students even as I speak. Oh yes, I totally went there. Whatcha gonna do? Huh, huh?

I kid of course, but it won't be long until I will be in her shoes, literally, when I become an English teacher myself. Call me crazy (or masochistic) but as tedious and time-consuming as editing can be, I'd actually rather do this for maybe even my future profession as it's honestly a very cake job. You basically work on your own as you read a bunch of submissions and turn them in edited and fresh for print and being able to read (a rarity these days) is something I actually quite enjoy. I just wish it just wasn't so... tedious!

To summarize this rather off-color post, English teachers have no lives, editing gives you much freedom at the expense of time, and we're one week closer to publishing our long-awaited Chrysalis. I hope you've all learned something from this or were at least somewhat amused. =)

Popular posts from this blog